|Quick-Pen.com > Reading Pens For Students|
A portable learning tool designed for students of a second-language as well as for children and adults with reading difficulties (such as dyslexia). The perfect solution for increasing reading autonomy and fluency, and enhancing text comprehension. You can easily scan text or insert it using the touch screen and virtual keyboard, hear it spoken aloud and obtain definition, translation, spelling, syllabication and correct pronunciation within seconds. All looked-up words can be transferred to the PC for further practice. Text can also be uploaded from the PC onto this fully mobile, lightweight Pen, and can be read aloud wherever you are.
• Displays scanned text in large characters. Displays syllabic division of words (most products), reads scanned words aloud using Text-to-Speech technology and spells words letter-by-letter.
• Enhances the reading experience by increasing fluency and vocabulary
• Reads any printed material. Use with books, magazines and newspapers.
• Navigate easily with the icon-based menus and use the virtual keyboard to edit scanned text or to add words manually.
• Listen to words, lines or paragraphs spoken aloud in supported languages.
• See and hear definitions and synonyms of scanned or inserted text.
• Play word games to improve vocabulary.
• Build your personal word list and send it to your PC for later use
• Copy your homework, tests and instructions into your ReadingPen®TS for read-back/definitions
• Take the ReadingPen® wherever you go. This small, portable, handheld device is designed to fit in your pocket. Unique products ReadingPen®TS US
• Uses the American Heritage® Children's Dictionary and Thesaurus, American Heritage® College Dictionary and Roget's II Thesaurus.
• Recognizes over 500,000 words from the American Heritage® College Dictionary, 4th Edition and Roget's II The New Thesaurus.
• Provides translations from Wizcomtech's English to Spanish dictionary.
• One touch transfer between English definition, English synonyms and Spanish translation
• Provides audio word pronunciation (American pronunciation). Features Features:
• Displays up to five lines of text on a high resolution touch-screen.
• Scans single words or full lines of text.
• Displays selected word in large font to enable easier, clearer viewing.
• Displays definitions, synonyms and translations of the scanned text on the LCD screen.
• Displays syllabic division of selected word or phrasal verb (most products).
• Audio word pronunciation with text-to-speech (TTS) technology using built-in speaker or earphones.
• USB connectivity enabling transfer of text to the Pen from the PC. Transferred text can be read aloud and words can be defined using the installed dictionaries
• History option enabling review of the last 80 looked up words.
• Ability to download the History list to the PC for further review.
• Recognition of a wide range of printed font types and sizes (6-22 points - up to 8mm), including inverted text on contrasting backgrounds (except red on white, white on red, blue on black and black on blue).
• Recognition and automatic merging of hyphenated text.
• Virtual keyboard for manual word insertion or text editing (using the included stylus).
• Auto-complete function when inserting words using the virtual keyboard.
• Interactive games for practicing and enhancing vocabulary using the reviewed words list (History) or entire dictionary list (not available in all products).
• Right/left handed support.
• Auto shut-off feature to preserve battery life.
System requirements:: Windows XP/Vista/7 Internet connection (for software installation) Free USB port Technical Specifications Feature Description CPU ARM7 TDMI, 16 bit, 80 MHz Memory SRAM 64 K x 16 bit ROM 4MB minimum (depending on product) Socket for flash memory cards 4MB/8MB/16MB Display Information Touch Screen Monochromatic FSTN Resolution: 208 x 65 Size: 61mm x 20mm / 2.4" x 0.8" Keypad Navigation Switch (Enter, Up, Down, Left, Right) Push Button - Power/ESC Optical Scanner 128 pixels linear array image sensor 400 DPI resolution Audio Built-in speaker, earphone socket (available with most versions). Communications USB1.1 (models with communication) Power: Internal Power External Power 2 x 1.5V AAA Alkaline batteries USB cable connected to PC (models with communication) Size (L x W x H) 7" x 1.62" x 1.3" (177.5 mm x 41.5 mm x 33 mm) Weight 77 grams (2.716 oz.) without batteries 100 grams (3.527 oz.) with batteries Safety CE, RoHS, UL, FCC class B Operating Temperature Range 0°C - 40°C